What is PSHRA-VA?
The Virginia PSHRA Chapter serves as the local chapter of the Public Sector Human Resources Association (PSHRA), formerly known as IPMA-HR.
The Virginia Chapter exists to:
• Provide a forum for persons engaged in public human resources administration to discuss current issues.
• Explain and interpret the objectives of public human resources to the general public, civic groups, public officials and public employees.
• Encourage and facilitate cooperative action among public jurisdictions and private employers within the Chapter area on matters of mutual concern.
• Facilitate the professional development of members by providing training and networking opportunities.
• Implement objectives and programs of PSHRA within the Chapter area.
• Enhance the professional relationship of the Chapter with other public sector and professional associations.
Membership may be held by any human resources staff member of any public jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Additionally, associate membership is available to human resources professionals working in the private sector and students.
Debby Didawick Scholarship Program
Application Deadline Extended: July 31st
The PSHRA-VA has established an annual merit-based scholarship, up to $1,000, in honor of the late Debby Didawick, PHR, a long-time chapter member and Human Resources Director for Frederick County, Virginia. The scholarship was created to help finance formal education and professional certification for active chapter members who seek to increase their competency in the field of public human resources. The scholarship is awarded annually in June.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Must be a PSHRA-VA member in good standing.
• Must be currently enrolled, or accepted, at an accredited college or university with at least junior status and pursuing a Bachelor’s, graduate certificate, Master’s or other post-graduate degree in Human Resources Management/Development, Public Administration or a related field at an accredited college or university; OR pursuing an IPMA-HR Certified Professional (IPMA-CP) or IPMA-HR Senior Certified Professional (IPMA-SCP) certification; OR the IPMA-HR online HR Certificate program.
Kaufman & Canoles 39th Annual Employment Law Update | August 2, 2023
Kaufman & Canoles will be holding it's 39th Annual Employment Law Update at the Hampton Roads Convention Center on August 2, 2023. Kaufman & Canoles has been a long-time supporter of the PSHRA-VA Chapter and has always provided our members will valuable information. This is a great opportunity to earn recertification credits!
Register online at www.kaufCAN.com/events or call 757.624.3232
For more information, click here: KC Annual Employment Law Update Brochure.pdf
Become A Member
Join PSHRA-VA today!